EFFECTIVE DATE: December 2020
Scope of this Statement
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes how JLL (“JLL,” “we,” “us,” and “our”) processes personal information that we obtain about visitors to our Jet digital assistant mobile application (our “App”).
As discussed below, the majority of the information that we collect through our App is in our capacity as a service provider to our customers; please see the “Information We Collect as a Service Provider” section below.
This Statement only applies to our App. Other JLL websites, applications, products and services are governed by their own privacy policies, not this one.
Information that We Collect In Our Capacity as a Service Provider and our Use of Such Information
Our App is designed for business customers and users. In providing the App, we collect information about you in our capacity as a service provider to our customers. and use this information to provide the Services in accordance with our agreements with our customers (e.g., your employer). For example, to be able to use the App, our customer will provide your name to us so that we know that you are able to use the App. Your employer determines what App features and functions are available to you. Your employer will provide us with access to your work calendar to enable certain features of the App. Your employer controls your personal information that is processed through the App, including the contents of your communications within the App, files you upload or share through the App, and location information collected through the App.
Please consult with your employer if you have any questions about the personal information that we collect about you through the App in our capacity as a service provider or to exercise any rights that may be available to you under applicable laws.
We use the personal information that you submit through the App as directed by our customers. We also may use and disclose the information as follows:
- As Directed by You or Our Customer. We will share your information with other App users, meeting attendees, and other parties at your direction or as we are directed by our customer. For example, when you schedule a meeting, respond to a meeting invite through the App, or use other social features within the App, we will share your information with the parties you interact with. We may also share your information with service providers who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, financed or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, a law enforcement request, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
In accordance with our customer agreements, we may use information processed through the App and its related services to create aggregate, anonymized, pseudonymized, or de-identified information, including without limitation activities within the Apps, including the App features you use; and the length of time that you are logged into our App. We do not collect such data on an individualized basis but rather aggregate this information across all users and are the controller for this information. We may use such aggregated and anonymized data sets for research, product improvement and development, trend analysis and other purposes.
Information We Collect Automatically: We collect certain information automatically as persons use the App, which we use for various administrative and product improvement purposes.
- mobile device identifiers, including device advertising identifiers; device name and model; device IP address; device operating system type, name, and version;
- language preference;
- location information. With your permission, we may collect your mobile device’s location information to enable certain features within the Service, such as to identify your office location or to provide related notifications.
- camera and photos. With your permission, the App may access your device’s cameras or photos stored on your mobile device for use within the Services, such as when you submit a facilities or maintenance requests.
Our App may contain links to non-affiliated websites or mobile applications. Any access to and use of such linked websites or applications is not governed by this Statement, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those non-affiliated websites and applications. We are not responsible for the information practices of such non-affiliated websites and applications.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, device, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared device, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Children Under 13
Our App is not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our App, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on the App. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by notifying you via the App.