Technology glossary for corporate real estate
Corporate real estate (CRE) experts face a tall order. Professionals are expected to keep up with the latest technologies, turn those innovations into efficiencies, and communicate the advantages of the tech to their colleagues.
Keeping up with new terminology can be especially challenging, and this resource was designed to help. This glossary defines the following terms that are becoming increasingly essential to CRE.
- Building access control system
- Building internet of things (IoT) technology
- Commercial property management software
- Computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Corporate real estate business intelligence (BI) platform
- Digital twin technology
- Floor plan creator
- Integrated workplace management system (IWMS)
- Occupancy sensor
- Open Standards Consortium for Real Estate (OSCRE) Industry Data Model™ (IDM)
- Space management software
- Temperature sensor
- Workplace experience app
Refer to this glossary to better understand current CRE technologies and how you can use them to address your biggest pain points.