As we emerge past the coronavirus crisis, how the world returns to work won’t look the same as it did before. The hybrid workplace is the model for many workplaces in the post-pandemic world.
In our recent webinar, “How to Prepare for the Hybrid Workplace,” industry experts discussed the challenges and benefits of this new approach to work. Edward Wagoner, Digital CIO of JLL Technologies, helps clients realize how technology can help enable hybrid workplaces. Dr. Marie Puyburaud, is the Head of Research at JLL and decodes the dynamics of changing workplaces. They were joined by two partners from McKinsey & Company: Susan Lund, who studies the impact of technology on work and workers, and John Means, who leads real estate and infrastructure firms through strategic and operational transformations.
The panel led an informative session and answered thought-provoking questions from the audience, drawing on their professional experiences and key findings published by JLL, McKinsey, and Deloitte. These resources will guide you as you embark on this “new normal.”
Resources to prepare for the hybrid workplace:
- JLL’s “Reimagining the human experience” survey and report shows that work preferences vary by geography, work type, and industry. There’s not a one-size-fits-all solution, so it’s important to adapt your hybrid workplace appropriately.
- “Reimagine: the new future of work to shape a better world,” by JLL, demonstrates how new trends, spurred by the crisis, have put CRE challenges and opportunities at the top of the priority list for the C-suite. Work is no longer confined to inside the office walls, nor should it be. Learn ways you can enable working from anywhere.
- Though not directly cited by our panel, McKinsey Global Institute’s “What’s next for remote work” study examines which job types are better suited for remote work or a hybrid approach. It also explores the ways you can support all employees by rethinking the processes and policies that inhibit hybrid or fully remote workers.
- “2021 Tech Trends,” by Deloitte Insights, was another source of inspiration for our panelists. This report enumerates the top nine tech trends and macro forces that will impact workforces and workplaces the most. Though published annually, this year’s findings are especially significant as we move toward hybrid workplaces.
- If you attended our webinar, you may also download the slide deck.
Transitioning to a hybrid workplace is a complex undertaking, and we are here to help you along the way.